RESOLVE is a new generation handheld Raman device that can identify explosives, narcotics, dangerous and harmful chemicals, war agents and many other chemical substances through their containers.
A New Capability for Hazmat, EOD and Law Enforcement
Enabling Faster, Safer Critical Decision-Making
- Detect through coloured and opaque plastic, dark glass, paper, cardboard, sacks and fabrics
- Keep hazards contained - No need to open or disturb objects
- Fast - Accurate ID of chemicals and mixtures in ~1 minute (or less in some modes of operation), with no sample preparation or consumables
- Unique technology significantly reduces the risk of igniting sensitive explosives
- Rugged - Built to withstand tough user environments
- User-friendly - Large buttons, simple interface, designed for use in protective gear
Handheld Through-Barrier ID
Resolve is the world’s only handheld Raman system for true through-barrier identification of hazardous or contraband materials. Resolve rapidly detects and identifies materials from comprehensive libraries, with Cobalt’s unique handheld SORS™ technology enabling positive identification through a wide range of sealed non-metallic containers, barriers and packaging.
A New Capability in CBRNE Detection
Resolve differs from conventional handheld Raman ID systems, which are typically limited to line-of-sight measurements. Resolve operates in three principal modes:
Through-barrier - Detects through non-metallic, sealed containers such as coloured and opaque plastics, glass, paper, wrapping, sacks and fabrics
Surface scan - Line-of-sight measurements, similar to conventional Raman ID systems
Vial holder - Quickly identifies materials contained within glass vials in a custom holder
Flexible On-board Libraries
- Explosives and precursors
- Hazardous and toxic materials
- Chemical agents
- Narcotics & new psychoactive substances
- Household products and less commonly-used chemicals
- Create and deploy your own libraries
True Through-Barrier Detection & Identification
Resolve’s through-barrier capability removes the need to open containers - hazards remain contained & evidence is preserved - enabling response teams to identify container contents early in an operation, prior to escalation. This allows information about the situation to be gathered quickly and efficiently enabling better critical decision making.
Resolve systems are centrally managed using Cobalt's Command software. Command allows operational managers to:
- Manage passwords and default system settings
- Create, manage and deploy libraries
- Centrally store and analyse scan data
- Manage Resolve software updates
Surface Scan Mode:
Line-of-sight measurements, similar to conventional Raman ID systems. Analyse surfaces, exposed materials and samples in clear glass vials or clear plastic bags.
Vial Holder Mode:
Intuitive Interface - Clear Results
Built to Withstand Tough Environments
Resolve combines a tough handheld unit with a simple, user-friendly interface. Ruggedized and hardened, the system is built to withstand harsh environments and usage scenarios. The software interface is extremely simple to use and requires only 7 large buttons, which are ideal for gloved use (in all forms of protective gear).
Resolve Hardware Features
- Removable nose cone for contact and non-contact scan modes. In-field calibration and performance check is
built into a protective nose cap
- Large 4.7 inch display - clear, high contrast graphics for use in all light conditions
- Large buttons with positive feedback - designed for gloved use
- Li ion battery pack for approx. 4 hours continuous use
Choose a container type and Resolve chooses between through-barrier, surface scan or vial holder modes. Operators can reduce laser power and set a scan delay where necessary.
Display results as BEST match only, ALL results, user-defined PRIORITIES only or 2 & 3 component CLUSTERS only.
Interrogate any result to see spectral views and simple, user-friendly chemical data.
Dimensions: 155 mm (6.1") wide / 290 mm (11.4") long / 73 mm (2.9") deep
Weight: 2.2 kg (4.9 lb)
|Modes of operation||Through-barrier scan|
Surface scan (conventional point and shoot Raman)
Vial holder mode
Contact or 16mm 'non-contact' mode (without nose cone)
Adjustable laser power (475 mW maximum)
|Survivability||Independently tested to international and military standards*|
Calibration piece, laser safety glasses, shoulder strap and carry case
|Power requirements||Rechargeable Li ion battery|
*Further details available on request